Monday, March 2, 2015

Book Review Discussion: Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi

Book: Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi
Genre: YA Dstyopian
Rating:★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
For: Fun
From: Bought it 

Short Synopsis: This is the third of a crazy exciting series, so beware spoilers for the first two. So Juliette wakes up from the shooting incident that ended book two. And Warner is taking care of her. Yeah. And then he tells her how the compound she's been staying at has all been destroyed, with everyone it. Juliette freaks out, but of course, it turns out to not be quite as bad as she thinks. Which means, of course, that she has to deal with the Warner/Adam issues. Yeah. Awkward!! And once she deals with that, she has to figure out how to take down the corrupt government once and for all.

My Response: Well. This is one of those series that I felt just got better and better as it went along. The first book was okay, but as Juliette grew. . . and as we got to know  Warner, the books got better. And I know some people are sick to death of the love triangle thing, but I must say, I was very much into this one! And I think I said this before for my review of the second book, Warner is one of the best and most fascinating characters ever. Not to mention hot and steamy. I sort of want to go back and read all three books again now that I know what I know.

Bottom Line: Great ending to a fun series. I hope, in fact, we might even get more someday.

Let's Talk About: Are you REALLY sick of love triangles? I mean, really? Or, are you okay with them if they are done well and involve interesting characters? I, for one, am okay.

Other Reviews:

Well done. Well done on her writing style, on her character development, on her plot twists, on her world building, and the pacing and for finishing a series of Novels that has the ability to take my breath away and scream and cry and get excited and shocked. From Page Girl's Page

Normally love triangles REALLY annoy me. And I guess in a way there was that kinda love triangle thing happening in the Shatter Me series, except it was done right. It was done the way it always should have been done. At some points in this book, the things I was reading in this book hit me so hard that I was actually feeling heartache. From Book Nerd Reviews

Warner. I don't even know what to say but I'll try to be coherent! Warner is one of my favourite YA characters of all time. No doubt. From City of Books

On a final note, Tahereh Mafi is very good at hot scenes, let me tell you. From YA Book Queens

4 comments:

  1. No, I'm not sick of love triangles and even from the first book of this series I was drawn to Warner. I really need to finish this series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny: Warner was so scary during the first book! BUT... I want to re-read it now and see him differently! :)

      Delete
  2. Yes, I'm sick of love triangles but not because they're over done even though they are. I just plain hate them. I always want the third wheel to die because they just get in the way. There are only two stories with love triangles in them where I haven't wanted the third wheel to die. In those cases, I say bravo to the author. They got me to look passed my dislike of love triangles. I'm curious if this one can/will do that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read this series, but it sounds good. As for love triangles, I don't think I read enough books with love triangles in them for me to be tired of them. I like love triangles best when it's not clear until the very end who is the right one :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails